20090216

What NOT To Do If You Get Laid Off.

I recieved the following email from a vendor after she found out she was getting laid off from her company. I have edited out her name and the company name for privacy reasons.

Hello friends and clients,

I wanted to inform you that I am no longer the Market Manager for [company removed]. [Company removed]informed me late Friday afternoon that I was part of company cut backs. I am only left to assume that they are struggling financially. I do not know who to contact regarding the services I provided to you, so I will direct you to their website [url removed].

As most of you know, a strong moral code is very important to me. Things like loyalty, hard-work, honesty and trustworthiness are areas that my previous employer apparently did not value at my level.

Regarding [the product], please contact [name removed] at [phone number removed] for further assistance.

I look forward to working with all of you in the future on the sales or design end. If you do come across a sales or design position you think I might qualify for, please let me know.

[name removed]
TBAE registration # [removed]
cell [removed]
email [removed]

This is a prime example of why you do not send emails when you are angry. During this time of financial crisis, no one is immune to lay offs even if they have been at a company for a long time. No one should take being laid off personally because it is done for financial rather than performance reasons. The last thing you want to be doing is burning bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment